6. OCLC Connexion
Requesting New Connexion Cataloging Authorization Numbers
Batch Processing the Update Holdings Action in Connexion
The first step in batch processing is to have a text file containing unique identifiers (OCLC nos., ISBNs, ISSNs, etc.) for those records you want to retrieve. The file should not contain any quotation marks and each identifier must appear on its own line.
Step 1 – Load Text File
1. Go to Batch > Enter Bibliographic Search Keys and set your index (for example, OCLC Number (no:)
2. Click Import and browse to your text file. Select Open after selecting the correct file.
3. The following dialogue box will open. Click Yes or No as appropriate in your situation.
4. Your screen should look similar to the one below, depending on your index choice.
Click Save and then Close to complete Step 1.
Step 2 – Batch Process Searches
1. Go to Batch > Process Batch. In addition to a red checkmark, the checkbox next to your default bibliographic file should be selected. If not, select the box and check the Retain file selection box.
2. Select the Online Searches box and click OK.
3. The Batch in Process box will appear and process your searches. The records from your search will be loaded into your local save file. A report will be provided when it is complete to notify you of any problems.
Step 3 – Update Holdings
1. Go to your local save file.
2. Select the records you wish to add your holdings to and click F8 (or go to Action > Holdings > Update Holdings). You will see an “R” in the Update Holdings column.
3. Go to Batch > Process Batch.
4. Select the Online Record Actions box and click OK.
5. The Batch in Process box will appear and process your record actions. A report will be provided when it is complete to notify you of any problems.